In today’s show, we have an honest conversation about things we hate about ourselves. We also discuss can and should we change them?
Leave A Voice Memo, Review The Show, & Follow Us Here
A quick intro about today’s show as a thought experiment we encourage others to do as well. Self-reflection about all the personality traits we hate about ourselves.
We take a quick interlude into whistling for some odd reason.
Gary ate the first real salad of his life. WIN.
Sarah went hiking. The weather was awful but she and her sister established a “f it” attitude and had a great time. WIN.
Peter went on vacation to the beach. He focused on being less rigid about money and health during his vacation. WIN.
The squad has a roundtable discussion about things we hate about ourselves and how others may view us as well. We also discuss whether or not we can/should change these things. Here are the lists:
- Gary does not know how to have fun the way other people do. He is trying to change this and believes that he can.
- Gary is very judgmental. Despite what people think, he likes this in some ways and does not want to change this.
- Gary does not prioritize relationships enough. This is something he wants to change.
- Gary has trouble valuing experiences
- Gary does not know how to be happy for other people.
- Gary hates being told what to do.
- Sarah is more stressed than ever due to this podcast. She misses her happy, naive world. Sarah is ok with this and views it as a learning experience.
- Sarah hates that she is not a good advocate for herself. Sarah wants to change this but is not sure how. Based on some books we have read, she may not be able to really change this.
- Sarah has commitment issues and is a procrastinator.
- Sarah does not know what she wants out of life.
- Sarah does not know how to make time.
- Peter cares too much about what other people think of him. Peter is working on changing this and has made progress.
- Peter is not good at giving compliments. He tends to hold back.
- Peter is very reactive when he is emotional.
- Peter wears his emotions on his sleeves.
- We received an amazing email from Sarah that details all of the changes she has made since starting to listen to our show.
- Personality Traits
- Make Time
Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
What Is Now (W.I.N.) | August 12, 2021
Thanks for listening!