In today’s show, we take the next steps towards financial independence. We discuss how to save and invest your money to grow generational wealth.
Leave A Voice Memo, Review The Show, & Follow Us Here
We have a very quick intro and then we get right into our discussion on building wealth. During our intro, we talk about Gary’s recent long run and how Peter ignored the accomplishment.
Gary leads the discussion for Part 3 of our Financial Independence Series: Save & Invest. The main takeaways and talking points are as follows:
- Listen to Episodes 041 and 046 to learn how to build a gap between what you make and what you spend, and how to attack debt and build a safety net.
- Think about time as money.
- Rich & Wealthy are not the same things.
- Rich people have to work forever.
- Wealthy people claim back their time.
- Set & forget your savings through automation.
- The power of compound interest.
- Using the 4% Rule to determine how much you need to retire.
- What are our options for investing?
- Build A Gap
- Money = Time
- Lifestyle Inflation
- Compound Interest
- 4% Rule
- 401K/403B/457/Roth IRA/Roth 410K/Brokerage Account
- Stocks/Bonds/Mutual Funds/ETF’s
- Real Estate
Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
The Fat & Broke Book List
The Trinity Study and The 4% Rule
Thanks for listening!