If you are like most Americans, you are not using all of your vacation days each year. America has become the No-Vacation Nation. Why is that? In many cases, it's guilt. Guilt about work, guilt about money, and sometimes even guilt about our health and well-being. Today's show discusses all of this and HOW to take a guilt-free vacation.
Leave A Voice Memo | Review The Show | Follow | Subscribe | Newsletter
Happy Fathers Day! We discuss our Father's Day plans and then jump into the show.
Headline Of The Week:
None…We Forgot (and by "we," I mean Gary)
Topics Discusses & Questions Answered:
Today's show discusses work, money, and health guilt Americans have with vacations. Some of the topics we discuss are:
- 55% of Americans don't use all of their PTO.
- Top reasons for not using PTO:
- I don't want to come back to a lot of work
- No one else can do my job
- I can't afford it
- Want to save the days
- Set boundaries
- Turn off your email
- Establish accountability partners
- Plan to make sure you use your days
- Celebrate time off at work to develop a culture that promotes using PTO
- Include it in your budget
- If you don't like to spend on vacation, don't look
- Use credit card points
- Avoid monthly debt traps, so you have money to save for a vacation
- Utilize low-cost or staycations
- Schedule daily exercise
- Stay in a walkable community and walk
- Limit eating out to 1x/day
- Eat at local markets and/or go grocery shopping
- Establish a routine
Thanks for listening!